St Elizabeths PE and School Sport
We are a Golden School!
Following a review of PE and Sports Provision, the following priorities were identified for 2018-19 in line with the indicators below.
- the engagement of pupils in regular physical activity- to kick start healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Over the course of the 2018-19 school year we will use our School Sports Premium Funding to:
- Provide additional coaches and support for a wider range of lunch and after school clubs throughout the year in order to encourage children to live healthy, active lifestyles.
- Pay for Professional Development Courses for all teaching and welfare to ensure high quality PE is delivered in all year groups in order to foster a love of sport and physical activity
- Bring in Specialist Sports Teachers to deliver new sports such as Dodgeball and Quiddich to engage all children in PE
- Increase competition opportunities, espcially focusing this year on broadening competition for our SEND pupils by paying for membership to the South Sefton Sports Partnership
- Fund transport and supply costs to allow our school to enter more local and regional competitions.
- Ensure there are opportunities for all children to take part in intra (within school) and inter school (with other schools) competitions through the year.
St Elizabeths Sportsmanship Award Winners 2018-19
St Elizabeth’s PE and School Sports Vision Statement
To provide our pupils with:
- excellent knowledge, skills and understanding of sport and physical activity.
- the chance to experience a range of different activities and sports in PE lessons
- the opportunity to take part in competition in and outside of school
- a good understanding of the School Games Values: determination, honesty, passion, self-belief and teamwork.
PE Downloads: Policy and SSP Funding Documents