St Elizabeths PE and School Sport
We are a Golden School!
Following a review of PE and Sports Provision, the following priorities were identified for 2019-20 in line with the indicators below.
- the engagement of pupils in regular physical activity- to kick start healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Over the course of the 2018-19 school year we will use our School Sports Premium Funding to:
- Provide additional coaches for a wide range of school clubs throughout the year in order to encourage children to live healthy, active lifestyles targeting least active children from previous registers
- Provide resources for teachers to implement an Active Curriculum with a target of 15 minutes additional activity within lessons each day and monitor impact on behaviour and concentration in lessons
- Offer a wide range of professional development courses for all teaching and welfare staff to ensure high quality PE is delivered in all year groups in order to foster a love of sport and physical activity
- Increase competition opportunities building on competition entries last year and allowing more time for training and coaching pre-competition within school time to allow as many children to access competitive opportunities as possible
- Fund transport and supply costs to allow our school to enter local and regional competitions.
- Ensure there are opportunities for all children to take part in intra (within school) and inter school (with other schools) competitions through the year by providing a wide range of new and traditional sports for them to complete in and improve their own ‘personal best’
St Elizabeths Sportsmanship Award Winners 2018-19
St Elizabeth’s PE and School Sports Vision Statement
To provide our pupils with:
- excellent knowledge, skills and understanding of sport and physical activity.
- the chance to experience a range of different activities and sports in PE lessons
- the opportunity to take part in competition in and outside of school
- a good understanding of the School Games Values: determination, honesty, passion, self-belief and teamwork.
PE Downloads: Policy and SSP Funding Documents