We are a Golden School!
This year we have been allocated £19,170 in Sports Premium Funding
Following a review of PE and Sports Provision, the following priorities were identified for 2020-21 in line with the indicators below.
- the engagement of pupils in regular physical activity- to kick start healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Over the course of the 2020-21 school year we will use our School Sports Premium Funding to:
- Provide resources and training for teachers to implement an Active Curriculum with a target of 20 minutes additional activity within lessons each day and to improve behaviour and concentration in lessons especially given the impact of the Coronovirus Pandemic on activity levels of children.
- Provide additional coaches for school clubs or fund teachers delivering clubs to their ‘bubbles’ throughout the year (within the constraints and changing picture of the Coronovirus Pandemic) in order to help them develop a love of physical activity, build stronger relationships with staff and to provide children with sporting/physically active role models throughout the school.
- Offer a wide range of professional development courses and new teaching resources for all teaching and welfare staff to ensure high quality PE is delivered in all year groups in order to deliver high quality PE teaching where all children make progress towards their personal best.
- Provide children with a broad and balanced curriculum alongside new sporting activities to engage the interest of all pupils where possible within Government Guidelines (e.g- quidditch, kinball and adventurous activities at Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre).
- Make clear links between mental and physical health inside and outside of lessons through the ‘Whole Child’ objectives on the Getset4PE platform alongside yoga, miindfulness and PSHE resources available on the platform
- Develop a virtual competition programme building on virtual competition entries last year which will include all children within the school using a combination of PE lessons, play times and lunch times.
- To strengthen the focus on our children achieving their own ‘personal best’ and striving to embody the School Games Values with half termly awards focused on these areas.
- To fund (as soon as Government Guidelines allow) extra-curricular sporting opportunities off-site for children within school at A, B and C levels including covering the cost of supply and travel.
- Fund additional top-up swimming lessons for Year 6 and an additional coach poolside to support swimming in Years 4-6
St Elizabeths Sportsmanship Award Winners
St Elizabeth’s PE and School Sports Vision Statement
To provide our pupils with:
- excellent knowledge, skills and understanding of sport and physical activity.
- the chance to experience a wide range of different activities and sports in PE lessons
- the opportunity to take part in competition in and outside of school
- a good understanding of the importance and how to apply the School Games Values to school life and the wider world (determination, honesty, passion, self-belief and teamwork)
PE Downloads: Policy and SSP Funding Documents